Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
It is no secret that people all around the world are interacting on social media 24/7. Some might even say they are addicted. We know that the consumption of these networks have completely changed the way we share information.
Social media continues to mature as technology develops and the shift of users’ needs and wants change. Therefore, it is essential that businesses keep up with current trends in social media in order to produce original and appropriate content. If you are managing social media for your business you might want to know these statistics and facts about some of the most popular networks today. Knowing these facts could make you rethink your strategy and approach for social media.
15 Noteworthy Facts About Social Media
1. More than 70 million photos and videos are added daily to Instagram. (Instagram blog)
2. Women dominate Pinterest: 50% of online women now use the platform, compared with 13% of online men. (PEW)
3. 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. (YouTube Press)
4. Facebook continues to be the most popular social media site, but its membership saw little change from 2013. (PEW)
5. Facebook Messenger has over 600 million monthly active users. (Venture Beat)
6. Snapchat now shares over 400 million snaps each day. (Wall Street Journal)
7. Approximately 429 million Twitter users have never sent a tweet since they created their account. (Tech Times)
8. There are over 20 million fake Twitter users. (Business Insider)
9. More than 2 users sign up for LinkedIn every second. (LinkedIn Press)
10. Only 1 percent of U.S. users engage on Vine via desktop. Majority of people are consuming on their mobile devices. (ComScore)
11. There are over 130.5 million Tumblr blogs compared to WordPress’s 70 million. (Quicksprout)
12. The average time spent per visit on Google+ is 3:46. (Social Times)
13. Flickr users share an average of 1 million photos per day. (Tech Crunch)
14. There are 190 years worth of monthly video consumption from Reddit’s video embeds. (Reddit blog)
15. The most checked-in location on FourSquare is the Hartfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport with over 1 million check-ins. (FourSquare)
What is your favorite social media site? Tell us in the comments below!