Highcharts is an interactive way to display data. Highcharts has three products that can display data online: highstocks, highmaps, and highcharts. However, the focus of this article will be the highcharts product.
- Whether free or paid license, users can download source code and make edits
- Zoom feature
- Variety of charts and animations
- Export charts into PNG, JPG, PDF or SVG and can print directly from the page
- Functions on all web-browsers
- Website includes demo of charts
- Users must pay for a license to utilize this for commercial use.
- Charts are only available in 2D
- Single Website (Not a web application) = $90
- Single Developer = $390
- 5 Developers = $1,500
- 10 Developers = $2,500
Highcharts offers maintenance and support as an additional cost with each package. However, after one year of support and maintenance users can renew and purchase additional support. They also have a license that allows businesses to distribute or sell Highcharts products. In order to use Highcharts for free, as non-commercial license, users can utilize for a personal website, student or school related site, or for a non-for-profit organization.